Monday, March 9, 2009

Snippets from traveling

After traveling I often have snippets of memories that I edit with mischievous amusement. Here's one from Rome:

Tour guide:
"OK! Now you have 5 mee-nuts (minutes) to climb to the top of the Duomo! Then, return to the bus; we will meet back on the bus. Do not be late, please! Do not make me come look for you! OK? Oh, and this is also the time to use the toilets. OK? So! 5 mee-nuts: climb to top of the Duomo, use the toilets and return to the bus. OK! I see you there."

Tourist:
"Excuse me? Where are the toilets?

Tour guide:
"At the top of the Duomo."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arvis: Great article and I loved the comparison of our mothers! Mine certainly did not enjoy her senior years at all and I so do not want to follow that path. I enjoyed reading your experiences. Thank you. Sandra

Resveratrol - Why Wait?

3Day Slideshow