Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Paddling Up and Down the Streams

I am in the midst of creating and organizing several new streams of income. I have to bring in a certain amount of income each month, or at least over the year, to maintain and supplement our expenses ("our" being me and my hubby). I am determined to do this by working from home and using my own inherent talents and skills, and other skills I have mastered over the years at other people's companies.

The main attraction of working from home, being independent, a "solo-preneur", is all the freedom you'll have. Working when it suits you, wearing whatever is comfy, time for the family and recreation. The hardest part of working from home, being independent, is realizing how little freedom I now have. Because I may be able to drift outside on my deck for a break, but my mind rarely goes "on break" anymore. With my income solely dependent on what I produce, my mind goes into overdrive to keep churning thoughts, ideas, strategies, plans, goals, products, services, advertising, and on and on. And then my heart or inner being or chakras or whatever the hell, balks and whines and gets my knickers in a twist because I long to "while away the hours, conversin' with the flowers". Perfect example is this posting right now. I want to get this down, posted on the blog. But I also want, at 7:00am to sit outside with my giant mug of tea and gaze over our backyard, watching the birds and cats. Is this a tug of war with my left brain and right brain? Are the left brain and right brain supposed to be at odds? I was hoping we could all just get along.

The other whacky part...and I say whacky because it just seems ludicrous, is that I KNOW about all kinds of wonderful things to counteract the muddle and spin. Why don’t I just do my yoga practice every morning upon rising? Because I’m stiff and sleepy and I’d rather wake slowly. See? So whiney! Is that the left or right or the soul of me? From time to time I must get down to the soul, sole, sol of me.

Morning musings are a good thing. Flushing out the sludge that coagulates from the dreams that either plaque or entertain me all night long. I don’t intend to make anyone groan by relating my dreams…oh, except this one: a couple of months ago I had a long dream that all the people of Earth realized that, “Matter doesn’t matter.” There was even a best-selling book, called something like “Who Needs the Planets?” And then I saw that we all just sort of spread out wide and thin and floated over the Earth, realizing peace and harmony. It wasn’t a huge religious or even spiritual experience – it was more just practical, logical. In my dream I saw a wide floating vapor, covering the Earth – and the vapor was just us, floating free.

No comments:

Resveratrol - Why Wait?

3Day Slideshow