Sunday, July 6, 2008

Stretching the Time of the Days

I'm stretching out these fews days that I'm calling my vacation this year. As of July 2nd, I was hurrying to get work tasks done and put away, so that by the 4th of July I was focusing on only the fun stuff. The good part was that it was completely acceptable to most everyone that we should be on vacation during this holiday weekend and beyond. We had a great 4th of July on Friday. Our town does it up very well with parade and street fair and great live music going on into the night before the fireworks after dark. This year Gator Beat performed the final concert of the evening. A great Cajun/Zydeco band from the North Bay Area; guaranteed to make you dance. It was a very satisfying 4th for me and I slept late Saturday morning and lazed through the rest of the day.

Today, I'm noticing how much I want to stretch this time of zoning out and staring at the cats and birds around the backyard. We've got 4 days at the beach ahead of us. Four days! It seems a King's ransom in time this year. And a heat wave scheduled in the weather report too! I can't help being stuck in fast forward to this vacation...I want to leave now and have it last forever.

Am I a lazy sot? A dreamer? Oh yes, a dreamer...my favorite past time. My inside world is opulent, lush and spans the universe. The place where my stretching is never restricted; unlike the sinew surrounding my bones. That's all there is to this. A purpose to stretch the time of my time off...time away...time turning into more time. Quality of time. Party Time. The time has come. Time and time again.

No comments:

Resveratrol - Why Wait?

3Day Slideshow