Monday, January 5, 2009

Are You Ready for Prime Time?


I’m 55 years old and I've been noticing that most of my peers, friends and associates are now between the ages of 50 and 70 years old. I'm declaring that we are in our prime! What if 50 to 70 years old is the “Prime Time” of our life?

Just knowing more about ourselves: been all over there and done all that! Maybe retirement and the freedom to realize dreams of travel. Or choosing to work on projects and occupations that we actually want to do. Folks with grand kids to enjoy...gleefully handing them back to the parents to do the real job of child rearing.


Because I feel that this is my Prime Time, I am more aware of the importance of my health, especially prevention and sustainability. I realize that I don't actually have a "choice", whether to take care of myself or not. You see, at this age my body is only going to keep going with how I've managed it so far. I know that from now on, things will get "worse"...in terms of slower, saggy-er, etc. But that doesn't stop me from getting more information about how to sustain what I've got and committing to what will sustain my energy, flexibility and healthy cell structure. I've been learning about "cell structure", and really getting the picture of how my body is connected by all these buoyant little cells, communicating and interacting, making up this big mass of fun called Me.


Maybe the Saturday Night Live crew was “not quite ready for Prime Time” on television; but I’m so grateful to be a Prime Time Player in 2009!

No comments:

Resveratrol - Why Wait?

3Day Slideshow